23 July 2008

Vacay heaven

I officially started my 1-month vacation today. But do you think that I slept in? I was actually up at about 4am because I had a really bad dream about my kids. I dreamt that we were taking the train across country, and just before Calgary I had to get off the train because my ticket didn't cover me any further. So I hauled my luggage off the train and left E and B to fend for themselves. But then E caught up with me - he left B all alone on the train to Vancouver! Should I even bother analyzing this ... perhaps a bit of pre-travel worries?

We're leaving for Latvia (and hopefully Estonia) on Sunday. I'm not going to even think about packing until Saturday. I'm a list writer so I'll just write a bunch of lists for what I should bring. We've been planning this trip for almost a year - I can't believe that I'm only a few days away from finally seeing the country that I've heard so much about from my mother. She is so thrilled about this trip - my kids are coming, as well as my sister, my brother, and my sister-in-law.

A big Happy Birthday to my little B who turns 12 today!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope you have as much fun as your mother wishes for you - sounds like an amazing trip to take with your family.
I'm off to Canada to retrieve kids, Jeff and Chris next week - I can't wait to have some much needed family time too. The men in our lives sometimes are a bit distracting, no?

8:08 pm

 
Blogger Sally T. said...

You'll have a great time! And so will your family...can't wait to read all about it.

Thanks for the Paris tips. We have our hotel booked. And I'm booking some meals in advance, too.

But we're non-tourist type tourists. So we usually decide what we're seeing on a day-to-day basis.

Are you staying with relatives when you're away?

12:54 pm

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home