13 November 2007

Plane Stupid

I read an article in the paper today about some Saudi prince who is buying one of those new big ass jumbo jets for his own personal use. He is going to completely refurbish it with a gym, a movie theatre (yes, in a plane), private bedrooms - his own flying palace! At the mere cost of only $325 million. Ya, that's a lot of zeros.

Anybody else just cringing right now at the stupidity of this wealthy excess? I'm thinking $325 million could go a long way towards .... oh maybe curbing poverty. Or disease. Or how about putting that money (or even some of it) towards saving our planet?

What a waste. But I guess I can't expect anything else from a guy who probably made most of his money off of oil. I'm usually not a nasty person, but I hope his luxery liner crashes.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sally T. said...

Yeah, what a dickhead.

Or imagine how many mosquito nets that would buy. Shameful; and karma will be a bitch.

1:24 pm

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home