9 November 2007

The Queen of Spaz

That's me. The Queen of Spaz. Last Sunday I had a disaster of a bike ride. Within the first 5 minutes, my chain fell off going up the biggest hill in the valley, and then my gears stuck. I was with my friend M and 4 other riders, and I felt like just turning around and going home. I probably should have. Because I sucked for the next 3 hours. It was painful. Note to self - do not go to the gym and lift weights the day before a big ride! I was lagging behind everybody else for almost the entire ride, and the number of times that my legs were burning and screaming was unbelievable. And the final torture - about 5km from home I wiped out. I didn't realize that my group was stopping and so I braked hard but didn't get my shoes out of the clips in time so boom - down I went. Right on top of my left hand. It swelled up like you wouldn't believe, and I've got at least a dozen bruises on my legs (very attractive). The palm of my hand is still a nice gray colour.

This evening I went swimming. I haven't been since before my surgery in February. And I sucked. Big time. Of course Sparky used to be a competitive swimmer and he's all keen on teaching me to swim properly .... I was dumb enough to tell him that I wanted to take lessons. He'll take one look at me flapping around in the water and run.

Long live the Queen.

2 Comments:

Blogger Sally T. said...

Yeah, but drowning (or looking like you are) gets you mouth-to-mouth and what's wrong with that?

9:53 am

 
Blogger Marta said...

Geez I like the way you think Sal!

11:23 am

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home