5 October 2007

Brain blockage

Here is what my life has consisted of the past few weeks:
- Work, work, and more work. Some days up at 4:30am to make it to work. Rarely get home before 6:30pm. Just keeping on top of things. Throw in something new (like midterms which are starting next week) and I'm sure to fall behind. But I'm loving it, and I have been so surprised by how calm I am about it all. And (the best part) - the students seem to really dig me.
- Working the Green Party events. For Flake. Observing a lot about Flake. And sometimes we hit it off, and sometimes I think he's a big dork with huge self-esteem and intimacy issues. And then I don't feel like talking to him. But sometimes I want to touch him, and him me. And constant, tension-filled emails between us. With some weird, and some awkward, moments. But apart from the occasional frustration that I feel about Flake, it's all good. No romance, and that's my choice.
- Dating - whatever. What's that? I actually found a condom in my purse the other day and IT HAD EXPIRED. Ya - funny.
- Kids. Bless them - they're so good. Manchild makes dinner once a week. They clean the cat litter. They clean their rooms. They take out the garbage. They're on their own a lot, and I don't see them as much as I want to. I miss them.
- Cycling. Trying to get my ass in motion, but damn I'm tired. And I had a cold last week. So I don't exercise as much as I have been throughout the summer. And I feel like a blob. Although I have started the spinning classes again - every Monday morning - the only day that I can work from home.
- Friends. I find the occasional moment to actually talk to or hang with them. And I've actually managed to meet some very cool people through the Green Flake events.
- Started volunteering with SISO - an organization that helps immigrants get settled in Hamilton. So far I'm in the orientation stages, but I feel like I'm contributing to a great cause. And helping people.

Busy me. Not blogging as much - the busy is blocking my brain from witty and interesting things to write. Suggestions for my next posting?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That looks like it all adds up to a good, fulfilling kind of busy - that's great!

4:18 pm

 
Blogger Sally T. said...

I like meme blogs...I love reading about what my friends like to eat, listen to, watch, etc. See if you can steal one and post that!

12:38 pm

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home