30 August 2007

Hail to the wise Manchild

I was having a good chat with Manchild just before dinner today, and I asked him if this was the year that he was going to have his first real girlfriend. That got a nice big eye roll, with the comment that "you don't plan for these things - they just happen". So I told him my plan - by the end of this year I will be in a committed relationship.

Well, Manchild had lots of opinions about that. He told me that I probably wouldn't like having to answer to somebody, and that living by myself is a good thing that I shouldn't change, and that he doesn't know too many people who are married and happy. The kid is 16 for God's sake. He even threw out the phrase "the grass is always greener". Jeez.

I had better watch myself with this kid. The dating Nazi (Manchild) meets the tourist Nazi (me) .....

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's one smart kid you've got there, Marta!
(LOVE the Manchild stories.... keep 'em coming!)

9:41 pm

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home