17 August 2007

If .....

My friend C introduced me to a new book that I've already ordered - it's called "If - Questions for the Game of Life". It's essentially a book filled with thought-provoking questions from the practical to the moral to the hilarious. I joked with C that I'm going to bring this book on all my dates, but it might not be such a bad idea. At any rate, it sounds like an amazing book to have at a dinner party or a small gathering, and I'll never be lost for small talk again. Here's a sampling:

What is the biggest lie you've ever told? That I wanted to get married.

What is the one thing you'd most like to change about the world? Give women equal rights in all countries, religions, races, etc. And then have more women in politics around the world. This would put an end to so much suffering and wars.

Who have you most feared in your life? Myself. And not reaching my potential.

What is the strongest craving you get? Physical touch. (Don't laugh - when you go without for months or even years it can make you feel a bit crazy.)

What have you lost that you would most like to retrieve? Time.

2 Comments:

Blogger Sally T. said...

I think I'll have to look for that, too. Sometimes I'm afraid to answer those kinds of questions...what does that say?

12:03 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I honestly don't know whether I know what my answers would be to so many of those questions anymore.... lots of thinking to do, I suppose!

9:46 pm

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home