8 August 2007

Weak in the Knees

I have been itching to learn how to play acoustic guitar for the past few months. My friend J is supposed to get me a guitar, and I have a great referral for a teacher - a guy who used to be in the band "The Killjoys". And yet I wait. I even sat down at the piano yesterday for about an hour and plunked out some Beethoven, Beatles, and Jewel. And I sang - rather badly I'm sure, but nobody could hear me so who cares? I'm sure that once I can strum on my guitar, my voice will miraculously take on perfect pitch and tone. At least that's what I'm picturing in my head.

I discovered a great new singer - Serena Ryder. Check out her song "Weak in the Knees" if you get a chance. That girl has got angst down pat. I'm wishing that I had kept up with my creative side over the years. I used to love acting in local plays, and I was even in a few musicals (Grease and West Side Story) when I was in highschool. I used to love doing that stuff - and dancing too. Maybe I should try some ballroom dancing?

A big Happy Birthday this week to my special peeps: Karen, Sally-gal, Jane, and Jeffy. Luv ya! xoxo

1 Comments:

Blogger Sally T. said...

Thanks, Marta! Just do it; I think you'd be great on stage and you obviously have a desire to be there. Start with your local community theatre group because all skill levels are welcome and it's fun.

4:27 pm

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home