27 July 2007

What I love (Cottage version)

I love sleeping in.
I love the fresh air, and the wind off the lake.
I love the night sky - millions of stars.
I love being able to read for hours on end. And I love that I can finish entire novels in a day or two.
I love lounging by the lake and drinking a nice, cold beer.
I love the sound of happy kids being carefree and doing normal kid things that they wouldn't do at home (like play Monopoly together, or swing on the giant tree swing).
I love that I can go without makeup for 5 days straight.
I love that I live in my bathing suit during the day.
I love diving into a nice cool lake.
I love how dark and quiet it is at night.
I love barbequing almost every meal.
I love my morning coffee on the deck over-looking the lake ... for some reason coffee tastes better at the cottage.
I love not thinking about work for an entire week.

2 Comments:

Blogger Sally T. said...

I hear you, girl. I love a cottage vacay, too, and now I remember why.

4:11 pm

 
Blogger vancouver said...

M, your holiday sounds amazing. I have not been to "cottage country" in Ontario for about 10 years, but reading your list brought it all back to me...thanks

2:49 am

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home