11 October 2006


Man Clothes
I am now the mother of a "child" who wears man clothes and has a man voice. He towers over me, can get smelly (and not that wonderful sweet powdery smell that kids have), and rivals me when it comes to his acne products. I have seen this kid in action when it comes to females too - whenever we go to the gym he always finds a few tarts to hang around with. I'm glad that his gym membership is contributing so positively towards his health.
But what really makes me feel old is the fact that my son is now participating in the same highschool trouble that I did when I was young. He has admitted to me that he drinks beer in the park with his friends (personally, I would love to see that since E HATES beer), and this past weekend he went to a country fair and drank JD in the parking lot! I thought he was joking when he first told me, but then he talked about how one of his friends puked and I realized that he was serious. What's next - having parties in MY house? My highschool parties were famous, but now that I am the parent there is no freaking way that any parties are going to occur here. I know what goes on at those things.
I guess that I should just be thankful for the fact that E feels comfortable enough to talk to me about these things. I have reached the point where I have to have the faith that I have raised him to be a responsible person, and instilled in him the important values that I want him to have and then ...... let go.

2 Comments:

Blogger Sally T. said...

Scary, isn't it, that they grow up so fast? The girls already love R. with his long red hair and grey eyes. Lucky for me he has Asperger's and could care less about girls!

3:32 pm

 
Blogger Nat said...

You are funny on this one blog. That's fantastic that he shares this with you. You have given him the tools to be a good person. He trusts you and that should make you feel good. Its when kids hide stuff that 's when problems really start. Be proud of E that he comes to you with real life and not that fluff stuff.

10:03 am

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home