14 October 2006


Adventures in Europe
This is one of my favourite pictures from my trip to Europe this past summer. Amsterdam is a city to be experienced - the canals, museums, neighbourhoods, and sights. I had one very fantastic night in particular where I explored the city with 5 other people from the international project that I am a part of. Okay, so we spent the evening in the red light district taking in the sights, the interesting shops, and .... um .... "coffee" houses. I don't consider myself a prude in any way, but some of the stores we encountered - wow. We stood outside looking at the merchandise in the window with very perplexed looks on our faces. I mean - what are you supposed to do with some of those things? I tried turning my head upside down to figure out a pogo-stick-looking kind of contraption, but my imagination couldn't even conjure up what you were supposed to do with it. One of the (dumb Canadian) guys that I was with thought that he could get away with taking a picture of some of the women in the windows, and man - he almost had his ass kicked by a very angry "working girl" spewing curses in Dutch. It was quite scary, although I nearly wet myself laughing after the fact. Then there were the "coffee" houses - whew. I can't remember the last time that I laughed so hard! The six of left the city in the wee hours of the morning having taken the vow of "what happens in Amsterdam, stays in Amsterdam".

2 Comments:

Blogger Sally T. said...

LOVE the photo. Makes me want to go again. I'm hoping to do Scotland/England next year.

1:47 am

 
Blogger Nat said...

For sure this is a great pic! Glad to catch to you via your blog. I want to know more of your trip.

6:58 pm

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home