10 June 2007

Frustrated

Back to the cycling today - it wasn't pretty. I started off well, but after about 30km and a break for an energy bar, I hit the wall. The 2 people that I usually ride with are leagues above me when it comes to being in shape - one of them has been cycling since they were 7 (and is now in his 50's) and the other has been doing it for over a year and is obsessive about working out. Me - I have a whole lot of wine, bread, and chocolate to burn off after my trip.

So when we hit a few hills on the way home, I felt like my body just wouldn't move. I made it up each hill, but I must have looked pathetic. And my buddies were way ahead of me. And then the negative thoughts almost defeated me. Am I actually going to be ready for our cycling adventure in 5 weeks? We're planning on 100km a day for 4 days straight! What was I thinking? I still managed 60km today, but it's painful how out of shape I am.

2 Comments:

Blogger vancouver said...

M, that is amazing!!! Very inspiring!!! I am trying to carve out time again to get back into my running regime. Once spring came and all the sports started with my son, it just became harder and harder. You have given me some drive!!!!

5:54 pm

 
Blogger Sally T. said...

Keep trying, girl. You should see me after a run around the gopher holes in the park (followed by my kung fu workout). I can barely walk, but I get more stubborn as I age.

4:57 pm

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home