7 January 2007

Manscaping
No, I did not make up a new word. Manscaping refers to the act of male body hair grooming. A touchy subject I'm sure, but who wants a guy who is one step away from the missing link? I realize that hairiness is an entirely natural state, but I don't know one woman who likes a hairy back or shoulders on her guy, not to mention those weird hairs that grow out of nostrils and ears. And I don't even want to mention butt hair ...... although personally I don't have a problem with this one as long as it isn't excessive. On the flip side, I find it freakish when men shave/wax their chest hair - I want my men to be men, not polished little boys. And don't even start me on the guys who get rid of their leg and arm hair - they need therapy. But seriously, men expect women to groom their bodies of hair in certain places, so why shouldn't we expect the same? As one woman put it "If I pour hot wax on my hoo hoo, then my partner had better manscape!"

Here's a good selling point for men to manscape - apparently if you do a little grooming "down there", it can add an optical inch to your, well, you know what. I'm sure that my friend J who is a real estate agent has known this for years - if you trim back the hedges then it makes your house look bigger.

At any rate, as I get older I'm faced with the reality that my body requires more grooming and in different places. Blame it on the hormones. I'm sure that men are faced with the same situation. I have no idea how our society got to the point where hair removal is a daily necessity - I just wish that evolution would catch up with us and not put the hair in the places that we don't want it.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sally T. said...

Hilarious, Marta! I love the bit about trimming the hedges to make the house look bigger...LOL!

I agree. If I have to shave, I think my man should be trimming the bits and pieces of his body that are overgrown.

4:30 pm

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home