13 December 2006

Manchild goes to the Formal
E is going to his very first formal dance on Friday and he is stressing about the whole dancing thing. This evening I had to show him how to slow dance, but because he was too embarrassed to touch his own mother (euw), I had to demonstrate with his brother B. So here's me - the guy - swaying to the music with B - the girl - while manchild took notes. I am slightly worried because the kid has no rhythm. He is very musically inclined - plays the piano and trumpet - but can't move to the beat at all.

Remember those highschool dances? Sigh. He is just getting into the fun part of highschool and, let's face it, the fun part of life. Remember dancing with your first guy, and having a crush on people, and hoping that they'd pass you in the hall at school and say "hi", or how you'd hang out by your locker for hours just to catch a glimpse of him for a nanosecond? Okay, I am choosing to ignore the teenage angst part, and the heartbreak of seeing your crush with another girl (a total hose at that!), and the pressure of wearing the right clothes and having the right hair.

Go manchild go!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Sally T. said...

So funny!

R. has his 12th birthday coming up (the party was yesterday) and I can't stand it! Where did the time go?

I still see him as a baby.

10:07 am

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home