7 December 2006

The world according to Spellcheck
If you want a good laugh then just hit the spellcheck button on your computer. Some of the words that the checker finds as a replacement just kill me! For example:
- I work with a guy named Ezequiel; spellcheck turns this to "asexual" (he now has a new nickname thanks to spellcheck)
- when I spellchecked my last posting, boobs turned into "boobies" or "befog" (what the heck is that? and since when are boobies better than boobs?)
- dosimetry (a word I use for radiation therapy) turns into "dysentery"
- snot becomes "Santa"!!!!!! (ho ho ho)
- Dundas (where I live) is now "denudes"
- even the word spellcheck (okay, maybe technically not a real word) becomes "splices" or "splashes"

What can I say? Little things amuse me. I think I'll go have some chocolate now .....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home