16 November 2006


Pass the Cheese, please
Today's topic is cheese because I have been craving cheese for the past week. I have been banned from eating cheese ever since it was discovered that my whopping case of adult acne was a direct result of milk consumption. No milk products - no zits. And my palate is suffering as a result. On Tuesday I went grocery shopping and spent about 10 minutes just strolling the cheese section - I was touching the cheese, sniffing the cheese, and crying for the cheese. Gouda, emmenthal, goat cheese, jalapeno havarti ..... oh the cheese! And I love those little Babybel things! And Cheez Whiz! You know where I had good cheese? In the Netherlands. I think that it's one of the reasons why the Dutch are so tall. It's got to be the cheese. Some of my coworkers rolled an entire wheel of cheese onto the plane to take home - unfortunately I couldn't fit this into my suitcase since I left on my travels and didn't think that the smell would be conducive to making friends.

I realize that there is a faux-cheese product made entirely from soya, but come on .... do they really expect anybody to eat that? The next time that you cut yourself a nice slab of cheese, think of me (with a tear falling down my zit-free cheek).

1 Comments:

Blogger Nat said...

Oh Marta...every time I eat cheese I will have a bit for you! Hugs...cheezy girl

2:38 am

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home