25 November 2006

My new thing ....
is swimming. I went swimming last night for the first time in I don't know how long. The real swimming - where you have to look professional and do lengths and different strokes and stuff. I can't remember feeling this uncoordinated. I thought that it would be easy - everybody knows how to do the front crawl for goodness sakes! But for some reason, the body didn't want to work in harmony. I could only make it 1 length of the pool and then I had to stop because I was out of breath. Geez - it was humbling - I've been spinning for about 2 years now, and while I admit that I totally slacked off this summer and lost my athletic physique, I felt so out of shape last night. But I've decided that this is just what I've been looking for - a new workout. And one that's easy on my hip (for those of you who don't know, I had my hip rebuilt when I was 18 and it's not holding up very well). Judging by the senior participants in the pool last night (who were kicking my wet ass I might add) it's an exercise that's joint-friendly. At least now I have something to do every Friday night .....

1 Comments:

Blogger Sally T. said...

For me, the brain trauma suffered by stuffing myself into a bathing suit and walking out in public is a risk I can't take to reap the benefit of a healthy, joint-friendly workout.

11:04 am

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home