1 February 2007

The negotiation
Dating, for me, is like a negotiation. Just trying to set up an initial meeting is exhausting. Throw in kids on both sides, and it's damn near impossible. Here's what I've come across in the past couple of weeks (remember, we're working with more than 100 guys who have contacted me, and I've managed to whittle it down to 5):
  1. Very interesting, and cute, guy contacts me. Fireman, 38, lives near me, has kids, likes outdoor things, and cute (oh, sorry - mentioned that already). Wants to meet me. Countless emails. Will contact me after my Halifax trip. Has since disappeared.
  2. Very interesting, and cute, guy #2 contacts me. Lives in Hamilton, 42, has kids, very down to earth, tall, and cute (oh, sorry - mentioned that already). Wants to meet me. Set up meeting. I'm sick. Want to reschedule. My day without kids = his day with kids. How's Thursday? Doesn't work. Friday? Kids. You get the picture.
  3. Seemingly decent, and cute, guy#3 contacts me. Lives in Hamilton, 39, no kids, professional, and cute (oh, sorry - mentioned that already). Wants to meet me. Wants me to phone him (I don't do that without meeting first - too weird). Can't meet - going to Halifax. Still wants to meet. Has to go to funeral. Still wants to meet. What am I waiting for? Waiting for guy #2 who really, really piques my interest ....
  4. Seemingly decent, funny, guy #4 contacts me. Lives in Toronto, 42, kids, British, not so sure about the cute part .... but unique. Wants to meet me. Halifax. Kids. Still wants to meet. What am I waiting for?
  5. Very interesting, and cute guy #5 contacts me. Lives in Toronto, film-maker, think he's a millionnaire, wants to take me to a Raptors game, and cute (oh, sorry - mentioned that already). Go to Halifax, so a week goes by. Contact him. He fucking can't remember who I am! ASSHOLE PLAYER!

You see what I mean? Exhausting!

2 Comments:

Blogger Sally T. said...

Can you call #1 back?

Also, I think you should check out "British guy." They can be very funny and funny's good when life ain't so much.

Guys with kids are good because they "get it" but M. doesn't have any and he's a natural. You'll just know if a guy's right.

10:00 am

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey girl - you've got built in babysitting - go with their day sans enfants and make it happen!

Chase down that #2, you won't give anyone else a chance till you find out what his fatal flaw is, and I hope to heaven he doesn't have one!

9:22 am

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home