5 July 2007

The return of cynicism

Bad, negative aura around me lately. I need to find a way to clear it all out. Here's what is bugging me:
- horrible news at work week after week; it's making me re-evaluate my job and it scares me to think that I may quit at any moment, even without having something new to go to
- the friend break-up is hanging over my head
- men are so very hard to figure out and there is a lack of quality out there (update on Flake: still a Flake ... probably always a Flake)
- kids are bugging me; can't deal with needy when other aspects of my life are in shambles
- was looking forward to a friend visiting in July, but that got canceled
- no time or energy to exercise as much as I would like

I don't even know where to start turning things around ...... help.

2 Comments:

Blogger Sally T. said...

Does it help knowing other people feel the same way? It helps me to know I'm not alone.

You start with one thing at a time. I went for a run today. One thing just for me.

9:10 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Absolutely. Pick one thing - one you that you have control over - and focus on that. You don't have control over what's going on at work, or over Flakey McFlake, so focus on getting out and exercising, or on a contingency plan for when/if you hit that breaking point at work. The success of that one thing will make the other things easier... right?

12:01 am

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home