28 October 2006

Rainy Days
For the past 2+ weeks the weather here has been gray and rainy. I can't remember seeing the sun for more than 2 hours in total. I wake up in the morning (5:30am) and it stays dark until after 7am. Yesterday I had to drive home from London at night and there were many moments when I was sure that I was going to die. Those transport trucks on the 401 are deadly - I wonder if they realize that the drivers passing them are completely blind due to the spray coming off their trucks. When I passed a tanker, not only did I have to contend with the spray coming off the truck, but it was creating turbulence - I felt like I was in a small plane being tossed around. No wonder I had a raging headache by the time I got home.
The weather makes me angry. No seriously - I feel unprovoked anger most days which results in me being really bitchy and impatient with people. Is this a sign of SAD? It seems that my general mood is "pissed off", friends and colleagues are bugging me, and I'm finding myself less able to bite my tongue which has resulted in some uncomfortable moments. All of this makes it very attractive to be around me lately. With Halloween approaching, I've even decided that I'm not buying a pumpkin (which I LOVE doing every year), and I'm not going to buy any candy, and I'm going to sit at home in the dark on Tuesday and pretend that I don't hear the doorbell ringing.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sally T. said...

Jeez...you can come to my house and carve one! We went to the patch and came home with 6 huge ones (thanks, Simon) and we have to get them done in 2 days!

I've bought candy twice already because I keep eating it all :(

5:01 pm

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home