9 April 2007

Don't be dissin' my Sport .....
I saw Blades of Glory this weekend and boy, does it ever make fun of figure skating! I went with a fellow ex-figure skater and when you know the sport inside and out, it made for some great entertainment. Trust me - I found the humour in it all. And hopefully anyone who is a fan of figure skating doesn't have their nose out of joint. There is a lot to make fun of when it comes to figure skating - the drama, the costumes, etc. But you also have to appreciate what great athletes these individuals are (not exactly the beer bellied flabbiness portrayed by Will Ferrel's character). There were a lot of cameos by real skaters - most notedly little Scott Hamilton who held his own against Will. Seeing the costumes that they came up with for the movie is almost worth the price of admission - whoever thought of the homeboy outfits that Amy Poehler and Will Arnett wore are genius.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sally T. said...

I laughed at the trailers but I couldn't go see it in a theatre.

If I skated, the temptation might have been greater. I think I'll hold out for Will's kung fu movie (if he makes one).

10:20 am

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home