5 April 2007

Missing .... Men with Integrity
More "dating sucks" stories from the trenches. You've probably read my Flake story by now, so you know how things are generally going for me when it comes to dating. Well, met yet another guy a week ago. Hit it off, spent a few hours talking about anything and everything, ended with him wanting to see me again. I hate to repeat myself ...... but do you think that I've heard from him??????

So now I'm second-guessing myself. I realize that I can be naive and take people at their word. After all, why would people bullshit and say things that they don't mean? And I think that I'm smart enough to tell when it's a good time versus a "get me the hell out of here" time. I've had those "get me the hell out of here" dates, and thankfully my intuition was such that I set it up so that my friend J would call on my cell during these dates to "get me the hell out of there". I have always believed that I have good intuition when it comes to reading people .... now I'm wondering if that's true.

The men that I'm meeting need an instant sign that they see me as (a) somebody they could date long-term, or (b) somebody to just have sex with. Me - it takes a bit longer than 10 seconds to make some sort of a connection. If you ask me, men are maturing backwards. I think that they hit their peak maturity around 30 and then it's downhill from there.

I have to believe that there are some decent people using the online thing to meet others. After all, I'm on there aren't I? And I know some success stories as well. I have to remain optimistic that a decent man will cross my computer one day. In the meantime, I'll keep meeting the Flakes and Rinky-dinks and have some great stories.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home