24 April 2007

Out of shape
I. Am. So. Out. Of. Shape. It's bad. Sure I have all sorts of excuses (work full-time, commute, surgery, kids, etc.) but I cannot believe that I have let myself go so badly. I worked so hard about 2 years ago and lost a ton of weight and felt better than I ever did in my 20's. And in one year I'm back to the blob and my clothes don't fit. I took my new bike out on Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and now tonight. And I felt like crying after Saturday. But then Sunday I managed more than an hour and felt better. Tonight was better still so maybe there's hope.

Songs that rock right now:
  • new Arcade Fire, Keep the Car Running
  • 30 Seconds to Mars, From Yesterday
  • Aimee Mann, Wise Up (old song, but man she rocks!)
  • Tokyo Police Club, Nature of the Experiment

With Sally Gal on holidays, I'm feeling lonely with no comments on my blog ...... sniff.

2 Comments:

Blogger vancouver said...

I always read your blog, but my limit on the computer is dictated by my boys. As soon as I sit down in the office to do some writing, there are calls for me upstairs. It never fails!
Keep going on the bike! I try to run twice a week and do yoga once, but with the Canucks in the playoffs, I must confess that my schedule has gone to the dogs. And the beer/wine while watching the game is not helping either!!!

8:11 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So glad to hear that you're more optimistic about the cycling...
Better be careful or you'll be in such fantastic shape by the end of May that you'll be having to turn hunky Frenchmen away at the door (of your Paris apt!)

9:32 pm

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home