19 May 2007

Manchild turns 16

Yes, a momentous occasion in our household this weekend - manchild is turning 16. We are trying to organize our family celebration around manchild's social life as there are many parties occurring over the long weekend doncha know. Manchild was at a party last night. The parents were away, there was drinking (he told me so), but all was under control. Because the party was so close to our house, I told manchild that if there were any problems that he could come and get me and I would "kick some ass" ..... nothing worse than a pissed off mama I tell you.

Manchild talks constantly about getting his driver's licence. I don't know what car he thinks that he's going to be driving because it certainly isn't mine. I have a "child" old enough to drive - egads. I bought manchild a bike for his birthday and as far as I'm concerned, this can be his mode of transportation for the next few years until he can (a) afford a car, and (b) afford the insurance for the car. The bike wasn't cheap either - I spent $500 on a mountain bike with super deluxe shocks and an overall coolness rating of "whoa dude".

1 Comments:

Blogger Sally T. said...

Happy birthday to E (I remember when you came to the Phillip St. townhouse with him in his car seat. HTF to they grow up so fast?

5:38 pm

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home