17 May 2007

Tagged by Red ..... again

Okay Red, you picked a hard one this time:

If you had one wish, what would it be?

So the first things that pop into my head are all very superficial, like long, thick hair, zero cellulite, no more acne, enough money to live comfortably without working, etc. but something tells me I need to dig deeper for the answer.

World peace? No, too cheesy. To fall in love? Please.

Okay, how about this - to be one of those people who live each day to the fullest. I like to think that I do, but I don't even try half the things that I want to. I've gotten better over time, but I'm still trapped by all of my fears and insecurities. I was thinking the other day about how I go through life thinking that I'm not pretty enough - and then I look at pictures that were taken 5 years ago, or 10 and I think - "wow - you looked great!". Why didn't I think that then? When I'm 50 I'll look at pictures of me when I'm 40 (ie. now) and probably think that I looked pretty darn good. In the moment I don't feel it. And the baggage that I have carried over the decades is incredible - no wonder all of my relationships failed. So I want to be fearless - backpack through South America by myself, take a job in another country, stop avoiding confrontations, go back to school, go hang-gliding in the Alps, tell that guy how I feel about him, try new things on a whim ..... enjoy every single moment and make plans when I feel like it. Perhaps this is hedonistic, but I'm ready for it.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sally T. said...

LOVE it!

I think it's perfect. And you're not the only one who struggles with wishing things were different instead of finding happiness in a moment.

11:41 am

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home