16 June 2007

Insanity

I have a very close friend who is going through separation hell right now. Her ex has not handled the split very well, even though he has known about her intentions to leave for about a year. My friend has to put up with verbal abuse, physical abuse, dozens of vile emails every day - you get the picture. She is worried about the safety of her kids every time that they visit him. I am worried about her safety. I wouldn't put it past this guy to harm her.

Having been through the family law system for far too many reasons spanning over far too many years, the one thing that I realized from my experiences is just how little the law protects you. There were times that I felt that I was going crazy - listening to wild accusations about my behaviour - the abuse of justice was insane. And now I see my friend going through the exact same thing. It's hard for her to keep a level head. Her lawyer is worried about the safety of the children when they visit the father - what the fuck?!? Then DO SOMETHING!!!! Her kids need counseling - they are seeing and hearing things that they shouldn't. A 10-year old should not have to pull his father off of his mother to save her. A 7-year old should not have to hear that his mother is a whore and a loser. A mother should not have to suffer through juvenile games all in the name of using the kids to get back at her.

How is she supposed to stay well when her ex is mentally unwell and doing crazy things? And making crazy threats. I fear that the law will do nothing and a tragedy will occur. How is all of this in the best interests of the children?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home