15 June 2007

What did you expect?

My bike adventure has been called off. The guy who has been cycling his entire life is worried because one woman involved has never shown up for our Sunday rides, and because he is worried about my lack of energy after our ride last Sunday. Without trying to sound bitter - what the fuck did he expect? He assured me that I would be ready for the daily 100km rides after I voiced my concern about the small amount of training time for this adventure. Add in my surgery and after-effects ...... what was I thinking?

I'm trying not to be annoyed. I'm trying to focus on the fact that I cycled 65km after only a month of training on my bike. And I know that my hormones are messed up and my little piece of thyroid isn't working - I can barely haul my ass out of bed most days. No energy, sore neck - and yet I'm still forcing myself to get on my bike 3-4 days a week.

I'm disappointed ..... yet slightly relieved.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home