27 February 2007

Good reads
Now that I'm off work for a bit, I'm devouring any book that I can get my hands on. I just finished a great book called "My Sister's Keeper" by Jodi Picoult. Highly recommend it. Hey - let's start our own Bloggers book club in true Oprah fashion. Here's a couple of my picks:
  1. Bloodletting and Miraculous Cures by Vincent Lam
  2. Running with Scissors by Augusten Burroughs
  3. The Devil Wears Prada by Lauren Weisberger (good fluff - commercial, but good)
  4. Shopgirl by Steve Martin

Suggestions????

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooh, I love this game! Some of my faves...

1) The Kite Runner - Khaled Hosseini
2) White Oleander - Janet Fitch
3) Power of One - Bryce Courtenay
4) Lovely Bones - Alice Sebold
5) The Poisonwood Bible - Barbara Kingsolver
6) Something Borrowed - Emily Giffin (my contribution to the fluff category!)

Also a big fan of "My Sister's Keeper" - did you bawl as much as you know I did, Marta?

9:12 pm

 
Blogger Sally T. said...

I love the Outlander series (Diana Gabaldon), the Matthew Shardlake trilogy (C.J. Sansom) and Diane Setterfield's The 13th Tale.

10:34 am

 
Blogger Marta said...

I didn't cry at the end of "My Sister's Keeper" .... maybe because I was mentally prepared after watching you break down in Halifax C ....

11:04 am

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home