26 February 2007

Oscar
For the first time in I don't know how long, I stayed up and watched the Oscars in its entirety. I thought that Ellen D did a great job at hosting - I totally get her sense of humour. Although I could see that the people there (and probably watching) either loved her or hated her. The joke that she did about "America voted" with both Jennifer Hudson/ Americal Idol and Al Gore was priceless! At any rate, here are my thoughts from last night:
  1. Martie won! Yay!
  2. Maggie Gyllenhaal is stunning.
  3. Nicole Kidman is a plastic barbie doll with no personality. Anybody see her giggle through Oprah's Oscar special? I was embarrassed for her big time.
  4. Anybody else think that Tom Cruise has botoxed the shit out of his face?
  5. Helen Mirren looked hot!
  6. I know that everybody raved about Cate Blanchett's gown, but I thought that she looked strangely metallic, like she raided the Terminator wardrobe.
  7. One word for Kirsten Dunst - frumpy. But when you've got dimples and are in your 20's then frumpy can still be cute.
  8. Beyonce looked PISSED when Jennifer Hudson didn't thank her personally by name during her speech (she thanked the wonderful cast and crew instead).
  9. And Eddie Murphy looked really really surprised when they didn't call his name for Best Supporting Actor ..... do you think that Norbit had anything to do with that?
  10. I love Borat. Handsome devil.
  11. I would like to have babies with George Clooney. Yum.
  12. Marc Anthony has some weird facial tics. Him and J Lo are b-o-r-i-n-g (yawn).
  13. The Oscars were "green" this year ..... my ass. What was green about it? The limos idling for hours outside? The only thing green about the Oscars was Celine Dion's gown.
  14. Ryan G brought his mom and sister to the awards .... awwwwwww.
  15. Jack Black rocks.
  16. Cameron Diaz is just plain weird looking. But check out her smoking a doob on this awesome celebrity gossip site http://www.laineygossip.com (thanks Sal).

1 Comments:

Blogger Sally T. said...

Yes, yes, and yes...you got it all right on the money, Marta. J-Lo irritates me (and that strange little Cro-Magnon man she calls a husband, too).

There's something distinctly weird about Nicole Kidman, isn't there?

10:24 am

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home