14 February 2007

Overeaters Anonymous
As I'm sitting at my computer, I am conscious of the fact that my gut is hanging over the belt of my jeans. When did my gut get so big????? I've been reading about adults and weight gain in the news a lot (most still be a post-new year resolution kind of thing to write about). Apparently adults lose their ability to recognize satiety ..... kids can do it, but adults can't. As a result, we eat an average of 4 forkfuls of food per meal past the point of satiety - add those forkfuls up over a year and you're the proud owner of some added "junk in the trunk".

I've always been an emotional eater. And a hormonal eater. I fully recognize that my tendency to eat when I'm bored, sad, lonely, etc. has nothing to do with being hungry. I eat to make myself feel better. Food fills the gap left by my non-existent sex life (too much information?). I think about food constantly. Sometimes when I'm working up a sweat at the gym, I'm thinking about what I'm going to eat when I get home. Pathetic.

But man - I love food. There are so many divine tastes ..... and I'm addicted to every one of them. Chocolate, curry, potato chips, french fries, strawberries, maple syrup, pomegranate, popcorn, pizza, ice cream, caesar salad, garlic bread ............

Maybe my gut is worth it after all.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sally T. said...

Oh, I know! So much food, so little time, girlfriend.

I have a cold right now which is like Weight Watchers for me. When I can't taste my food, I lose my desire to eat. And life just isn't fun but it's easier to get my pants done up.

10:08 am

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home