5 March 2007

Hauntings
Why oh why do I watch those shows on TV where people go into supposed haunted houses, when I am alone at night?!? Last night I watched a show called "Haunted House" or something like that, and there was an investigation in an old house in Britain that has been turned into a music station. Staff have heard children laughing, nursery rhymes, and little feet running in the hallway when nobody is there. There have also been many instances of lights being turned on, little objects being moved, etc. I don't know what the history of the building was (flipping channels to "Legally Blond" - a classic), but I think that it was an orphanage or something. Anyhow, they had to get the night vision cameras rolling and those completely freak me out. Anything looks scary with those things. Anyhow, the staff were shaking during the night vigils, said that they heard sneezing (I didn't hear it), little noises were heard - one foolish woman even spent time ALONE in the place with the night vision camera rolling on her. Idiot!

I also watch this show on Fridays called "Most Haunted". I love the show because of the history that they present, but it's basically a team of investigators who go around the UK looking into famously haunted buildings. Some of these places date back 800 years or so! The night vision cameras are a big part of the show as well, and I have seen some freaky things caught on film - chairs moving by themselves, pianos playing, etc. And sometimes I watch this by myself as well. I get so freaked out that I'm terrified to walk around my own house after watching - I would rather pee in my pants than go to the bathroom which is halfway down to the basement.

So last night, I watched the show on and off, I freaked myself out, and then heard noises when I went to bed (and I have to take a running leap into bed in case something under my bed grabs me ...... ). Normal house noises turn into evil haunting noises. I'm completely fine in the morning too. The psychological power of suggestion in very strong - while I do believe that there are spirits roaming this world and lots of unexplained phenomenon (I saw a ghost when I was in university, and no it wasn't from any hallucinogenic drug that I may or may not have consumed), I realize that I am responsible for must of the freakiness that I encounter when I'm at home alone.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sally T. said...

Oh god, the "running leap" thing; I thought I was the only 40-year old to still do that. Thanks for 'fessing up!

5:10 pm

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home