18 June 2007

Feline capers

I curse my 2 cats all the time, but deep down I love them. They have been a part of our family for 11 years. B has never known a day without them. They rip up my carpet, deposit fur on every surface in my house, and drive me nuts when they're hungry .... but they have such personality and charm. Toby, the female, is totally neurotic. Kirby, the male, is freakishly smart and has human-like qualities. He doesn't meow - he chirps.

But I draw the line at depositing cute little DEAD chipmunks at the front of my house! Yes, one of my kitties has murdered the wildlife - if the white-hairs in my condo complex got news of this then they would banish my cats! I have already noticed postings in our condo newsletter about not letting your animals "stray" in the area and terrorize the wildlife. (Give me a break - they're animals for god's sake!). And there was major excitement on Saturday when a strange cat made it's way into my house by opening the sliding screen door. Kirby went all out ape-shit freaky on this poor cat, and at the end of the melee I was left with piles of fur on my carpet, and one pissed off kittie.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home